Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Fighting Procrastination -Start Now

I tend to drag and delay doing things if I think it is too difficult, too time consuming, lots of patience required and the last but not the least  the fear of perfection. Since I tend to be a perfectionist, I tend not to showcase or act on things that I THINK is not good enough.  I dwell on the imperfections that no one sees and hence I delay a lot of projects.  My husband told me he received a quote yesterday that stated that fear is the darkroom where negativity is produced. This resounded so much with me that I decided to share some examples of procrastinating and delaying the work that needs to be done.

For example is creating a Neki Naturals Face book Fab Page. I have procrastinated on this since Feb 1, 2010. I created a page, then I deleted it. Then I said to myself that no one will become a fan so while bother creating one. It kept nagging at me for months and months and I have been dragging and delaying and fir long time to create a page for Neki Naturals.

Finally this week on July 9th , 2010, I created a Neki Naturals Fan Page and then it took me a few more days to add some pictures and additional details and opened it up to the public.
I am happy to write that you can now become a Neki Naturals Fan @ http://www.facebook.com/NekiNaturals

Another  example of my procrastination is dragging and delaying designing  for boys sweaters.  It is known that boys do not have as much variety as girls and I have promised to start this a while ago and now Fall is around the corner! One will think since I have a little boy that I would have jumped immediately to start this but No! So yesterday, with a little push from my coach and mentor, I started to design an original Neki Naturals Toddler Sweater.  Now, with designing, it takes lots of time errors, reworking and lots of Patience. I hope to display this original design by end of August 2010  as part of Neki Naturals Fall Collection. Wish me luck!


In general, I think we all procrastinate but sometimes we miss out on great things because we delay to start  because we fear the unknown. So if you have a project that you need to start, start now. Do not wait till this evening or tomorrow. Start Now. What are you procrastinating on?  Comments are welcomed.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment