Thursday, February 18, 2010
Titbits about Carolina Herrera
As mentioned yesterday, I will be highlighting some women who I believe help to inspire and motivate me. These range from politics to business to fashion to Family life. As a 35 year old mother, I am starting late to fuel the passion I have for crochet designing. Better late than never! In light of that, I just read a short bio on Carolina Herrera who was not hired as a fashion designer till the age of 41! She was a wife and mother of four who loved fashion. Enjoy!
These are some bios that I found from about.com
* Born María Carolina Josefina Pacanins y Niño in Caracas, Venezuela in 1939.
* Married to Guillermo Behrens Tello 1955-65 (divorced).
* Married to Reinaldo Herrera in 1968.
* Four daughters, six grandchildren.
* Debuted with a test colleciton in 1980, moved her family to New York.
* Expanded her empire to include perfume, accessories and bridal.
* CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year, 2004.
* Glamorous day and eveningwear.
What You Might Not Know About Carolina Herrera
* She attended her first couture show, at age 13. It was Cristobal Balenciaga.
* She made international best-dressed lists before she became a designer.
* When she became a fashion designer at age 41, it was her first job outside the home.
* Famous clients included Jackie Onassis for the last 12 years of her life.