Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Joy of the UnKnown with Toddlers




I am a mother of a 16 month old, Natanael and I cannot believe how much babies change or how much they grow up. Every week, there is a different word or facial expression. Last week every single fruit was called an apple and this week, Natanael has decided that he will shake his head "no" to every plea and request. How do they even know that NO means shaking their little head?
At first, it was cute and funny but now he shakes his head to changing diapers, food, changing clothes, picking up items on the floor. Frankly almost anything other than taking a bath and eating cheerios.

I am one of those personalities that need to know what is in the future and I have no idea what he is going to do next either today or tomorrow or next week.

I love it when he speaks but the non-verbal "NO" is not funny any longer.
Even though the books guide you on what to expect but really need to be in the moment to grasp it. I love it but waiting almost with finger biting waiting for the next action or word.

Stay Tuned

1 comment:

  1. It's always fun until YOU get serious and they still think its fun :) my 5 year old is always coming up with new ways to surprise confuse, AND annoy all at the same time! (she is getting exceptionally good at it too :)

    ReplyDelete