Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year - Make the Best of It!


Neki Naturals Logo in 2010

As the new year begins, I cannot but wonder where did 2010 go? A lot happened and I am so totally grateful for the blessings. My life in 2010 was so different from 2009. It was challenging; it was creative; it was surprising fulfilling.


In January 2010, I decided to start and renew my commitment to my crochet work as a designer and instructor. Yes, starting or running a business is slow. And even more challenging is not seeing the results quickly. Guess what? I have learned so much in the past 12 months.
 I learned about twitter, facebook, blogging and other social networking. I am not a social butterfly but I attended network events and participated in craft shows. All these I was terrified to do and I kept on going.  I learned about ETSY  and Zibbet and how to use it. There are so many other things I learned in starting a business, prioritizing and ensuring first things first - God, Family and work!


What am I saying ?


Step out of comfort zone in 2011!  Do. Learn. Try something new! You just do not know what the future holds. When your heart is pumping so fast, your hands shaking, your knees feel like buckling, do not quit.  Try and push through. It's about you growing. You can only grow by learning and practicing. 
So whether it is sports, needlework,exercising or prioritizing your time, try something different.  I can tell you that I am still fearful of things but I will push through in 2011. When I fail in certain areas which I did in 2010, I will learn my lesson and pick myself back up.


Make you proud of you! Everyday is a choice. Choose Right!


Happy New Year!



Express yourself with handmade! Nnenna Pastor is a crochet designer and instructor. Other places to visit Neki Naturals are http://neki.etsy.com and join Neki Naturals on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment