Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

4 Simple Things to do for Color Inspiration







Sometimes I get stuck in trying to get inspiration on colors to use in different crochet items. I have learned to step out of my comfort zone and seek color inspiration  from different places, things and people.


To be color inspired, try the following:


  • Visit museums and galleries and look at different paintings and how different colors have been put together.

  • Look at the flowers, plants, parks, birds, animals and insects, etc. For me, this fall leaves were a great inspiration to me. I had never paid attention to the fall colors but I was amazed at nature.

  • Check out magazines, fabric swatches, paint clips, and cut them and put them in a scrapbook.

  • Go back to your scrapbook and review often until certain colors "speak to you".
Enjoy!




Express yourself with handmade! Nnenna Pastor is a crochet designer and instructor. Other places to visit Neki Naturals are http://neki.etsy.com and join Neki Naturals on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/NekiNaturals

No comments:

Post a Comment