Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Embracing Colors and Culture

I am in Puerto Rico this week on our family vacation. Even though this is my 6th visit, I normally stay in the resorts or just head out to the beach. Now that I am a mother, I am realizing the different activities that one can particpate in Puerto Rico. There are so much history and culture imbedded in this little town. I am particularly interested in the museums  that feature African art and how slaves from West Africa were brought into Puerto Rico but will have to discuss this on another day.

Today, I was stuck by the colors of the exterior old buildings in Ponce, Puerto Rico. Some of these buildings were built in the 1800s and in good shape. I marvel at the bright vibrant colors of the buildings and it just seems to project energy and pride. It made me ponder the years past when my basic color used to be black, brown and grey. It was only after my husband who encouraged me to try colors such as blue, pink and orange that I realized how vibrant and fun color brings into life. I began to feel more confident wearing and using these colors and I began also to crochet in these colors as well.

Looking at these old buildings today reminded me that colors tend to energize and build confidence. I hope you will take out some time to try out a new color for your wardrobe this fall. You can check out the Fall Fashion Colors and remind yourself all colors  exist for our experiment and enjoyment.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment